Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Crazy

I think that it's safe to say that we all get a little coo-coo around the holidays. It's an overdose of food, drinks, money spending, and family all wrapped into one. Quite the cocktail if you ask me. Every year the holidays seem to catch me by surprise and it's safe to say for me, that this time of year i never learn from my past year mistakes. My greatest flaw, procrastination, leaves me to battle all of my fellow procrastinators every year at the stores. So why don't i start my shopping in October or some other time other than 2-3 days before Christmas?
1. Denial. There is something wired in my brain that refuses to let me believe that Christmas is a matter of importance unless it's only 2 days away.
2. Spending the money. Who wouldn't rather spend the money on themselves? Call me selfish but you all know it's true.
3. Procrastinator. Like i said before, this is just one of my many flaws.
4. I have no idea what to get anybody, and my lack of creativity is of no help to that whatsoever.
5. Time... Who has it anyways?
6. Wrapping the gifts....
So last night as i stood in line for 20 minutes at Ross i had a revelation. Who cares, oh well, i procrastinate and i always will. So long as it get's the job done, i will stand in lines for 20 minutes + surrounded by other stressed out crazy last minute shoppers, trying to cut in front of me all the while to the joyful sounds of screaming children and Christmas music (this makes quite the soundtrack...)
The good news is. You all make it worth it. Happy Holidays and i can't wait to see ya'll (as Caitlin would say)


3 comments:

  1. WELL SAID JESS, I NEVER LEARN. WILL I?? NOT SURE, MAYBE WHEN PIGS FLY OR I GET A RAISE...BOTH UNLIKELY.--NAT

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all... It's "y'all" as in "you all"... ;-)
    Secondly... I've been planning for this Christmas for almost 4 months. I overthink everything I do in my life and for the first time in I don't know how long, we're all going to spend a wonderful holiday together! :-)
    Sorry... Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND- I hate spending money on myself...

    ReplyDelete